What are the qualifications to be a mentor?
- Have been an ARMA International member for a minimum of three years
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct
- Communicate a minimum of once monthly with paired participant
- Communicate with headquarters regarding success and difficulties of the program or if participant is no longer able to participate in the program
What is the role of a mentor?
- Build your mentee’s confidence
- Act as a role model
- Share experiences as learning tools
- Proactively maintain contact and encourage open communication
- Help problem solve
- Facilitate career planning and development skills (targeting, networking, resume building)
- Facilitate goal-setting and being goal-oriented
- Advise on issues mentor is knowledgeable on, and admit when not
What is the time commitment to be a mentor?
After being matched, the official mentorship terms last six months. During that time period, a minimum of one conversation a month is expected.
How are mentors and mentees matched?
- Mentorship pairs are matched on the basis of industry segment, time zone, and the answers provided during the matching survey. The more information provided in the survey, the easier it is to match the right mentors and mentees.
How do mentors and mentees meet?
- You’re welcome to meet in person, however the ARMA mentorship program is meant to be virtual, with discussions happening over e-mail and phone.
What happens after the six-month mentorship term?
- That is up to the participants. ARMA will guide you through the six month term. Afterwards, while we consider it complete, we absolutely encourage you to continue the discussions. Or feel free to sign up again and continue to meet more great people in the industry.
What if things aren’t going as expected with my mentee?
- We believe everyone has something to offer on both sides of the mentorship relationship. We encourage you to learn from each other, even if it’s not what you initially had hoped to learn. You are always welcome to participate again. However, if things still aren’t working out, please reach out to us at email@example.com for next steps.
When do I need to respond to pair with a mentee?
|Applications Received By||Matches Sent Out||Term Concludes|
|July 17th 2017||August 1st 2017||January 31st 2018|
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.